The dark side of your profession
Someone said “Why would anybody want to come to tech writing profession of all the professions”; I was like “because they like it” or for any reason to that matter – may be, they did not get any other job or it just happened purely by luck. Well hello! That’s something you can say about every other profession; People, especially in India, don’t choose their profession, they just randomly look for anything that pays them decent.
In general, if you have been in a profession for some time, and not a single week has gone past without people in your profession pitying themselves, then that should make you feel good and bad:
You should feel good coz almost no one sees any opportunity in that field, and they are not here because they like doing what they do; they just want a job, that’s it. So, you don’t have a lot of competition here, do you?
You should feel bad coz if they don’t like what they do, then the others who are still undecided might get influenced. Just tell them that they are entitled to their opinion, and a change of profession too J.
BTW, that brings me to another thing - It’s not the academics that decides what you should do, it’s you who should decide what you wanna do.
A real-time case to support what I just said about academics: The Prime minister of India, Dr Manmohan Singh, has all kinds of degrees in this world, and he is in a profession that everyone thinks is dirty – politics. All I say is that – academics just shows you all kinds of possible options, that’s all to it.
PS: I am not frustrated, damn no! I am just trying to act mature (like Steve Jobs), that’s all J.
Comments
Post a Comment