fictional @ SHAASTRA

This is my second post for the day and its all about the same topic i.e. SHAASTRA (IIT-M tech fest)
This is not an entrepreneurial post, as the title says its me the Fictional writer.
I have give a write-up for the fictional writing in the event named as

Science Fiction Writing

i have made a 4 page write-up for this particular event and this is again a test of creativity, its the first time i am writing a fictional story that to with a mix of science and literature. I really loved writing this particular story of mine, here @ this point of time i feel really really blessed to have such literary skills that i can present something like this within hours (possibly someone may do this within minutes), but each one is good or the best in their own grounds, so there is no comparison with any one.

i m presenting my first fictional story.

Sleepunicating

(Communicating during sleep)

While you were sleeping there was something unusual about you which I could sense within no time, not in the physical aspect but mentally I could feel a synergy generating between us, You were in the REM (rapid eye movement) phase of sleep where your eyeballs were moving, so as I knew about this particular phase, I started thinking about what u could possibly be dreaming about and then my intuitions inclined me towards the Universe and to be more precise it was the AIR SPACE which stuck my mind as you had slept after watching the Armageddon movie and secondly, you have always been discovering by nature.

After sometime when you came out of the REM phase, I got some signal from somewhere that this particular phase change has happened in your sleep, when I came to check whether it was just my imaginative thinking or was it real, I got really astonished to see that you had stopped moving your eyeballs. Now this was really freaking me out as I got really perturbed with one article which I read the other day about “Human interactions during the Delayed sleep phase syndrome leads to the dilution of mind and makes it speed up the time and think of the future”. This was the time when I could feel that you could communicate with me, this isn’t any joke because scientifically “if we are able to move all the atoms/particles back to the place it had been, then we can easily reverse time” . Considering that we have moved each and every atom in the universe back into the same position where it was, we can reverse time and live in the past.

Dilemma about past/future

I was really put to thinking as the article I read was very contrary to what I have know to be a universal fact. I had always thought of time to reverse but was never put to thinking about the same time being forwarded. It was time that I stop thinking and sleep because it was to late, so I just decided to submerge this idea into myself and go to sleep, then rekindle the feeling sometimes later after I get up.

After I slept, considering any given time during my sleep I remember myself getting those same signals from somewhere and this time I though of ignoring them and just evacuating everything in my brain for a peaceful sleep.

But the signals were not looking to loose me in any ways, they had to be received I felt. So this time with compulsion I had to make way for it. Then again Came your voice and I was really frightened to know that I was communicating in the sleep. So with a lot of thought process, I wanted to break the sleep chain and get up, but then it seemed impossible as I wasn’t controlling myself, it was something else which had its control over me. Then when I just had views to listen and reply back to the commuted sentences, I got a sudden feeling that it’s not me who is commuting, it’s just the neurons in my brain which are into the play while commuting.

I was arbitrarily giving signals without having any proper message to convey, but then I received some messages which had to do with some theories which I already knew and which were already proven, Yes! I heard you talking about the Einstein's “ Special ” relativity theory which was stated as “velocity of light remains the same whether it is emitted form a body at rest or a body at uniform motion”. This was already known to me but as I had a good acumen I could relate it to my neurons in the brain and found that we are able to commute with some defined velocity regardless of the exact value of velocity intrinsically in the brain. So the thing which was alarming was that “when the theory applies to light, it should also be applied to the neurons in the human brain”.

Correlating light speed with neural impulse speed

Then I started thinking about the neurons, All the communication in our body intrinsically is done by neurons (in the brain), this is unquestionably a proven fact but there has not been any proofs regarding the speed of neural impulse while commuting and its comparisons with the speed of light in the same medium because these two are varied concepts and have just one thing common i.e. both commute between the source and the destination. Light moves where as neurons sends impulse, thinking logically I feel that “moving anything requires force or an affinity but signaling only requires the presence of the two bodies which are communicating”, so signals travel faster than the light if the processors (source and the destination) are considered to have an infinite processing speed.

Scientifically:

Impulses typically travel along neurons at a speed of anywhere from 1 to 120 meters per second where as the speed of light is 299 792 458 m/s.

But here we are considering sleep and the process of neural impulse communication from one brain to the other brain. This is possible because we have the same neurons is each and every humans and we can sense it if we are sending those signals from one neuron in source brain to the other in destination brain. Considering one body to the other the speed of light is as stated above and neural speed from one point to the other is 120 m/sec (maximum), neural speed seems really less but here we made this comparisons not between speed but between the source and the destination. For a light source, we are considering extrinsic factors but for the neural impulse we only give with the intrinsic theories and we are unaware of the extrinsic factors and theories.

THUD!!!!!!!!! All of a sudden my parents came and woke me up but the same thinking was going inside my brain and I had almost forgotten about you (who had got up long before me). I wanted to question you whether you were sending some signals to me or not but then it would sound really freaky and there are possibilities of making a fool out of myself, so I just thought of letting those question stay inside me and it was not the perfect time for them to be asked.

Ordeal came to an end

The next day when I was afresh with all previous thoughts withered, I heard that someone has been communicating via sleep and discussing about the speed of light and neural impulse speed, then I became really interested to know that particular personality and I was shocked to see that it was none other than you. Now I am sure about one thing is that, when I was sleeping our neurons were communicating and the signals were sent by none other than you and it requires theories to prove that neural impulses can travel from one brain to the other.

Discovering/concluding

Scientifically, The neural impulses are provisioned to travel with the same speed from one neuron to the other neuron which is know as “synaptic transmission” but transmitting from one neuron in one persons brain to a neuron in the other persons brain while sleeping can be termed as “sleepunicating synaptic transmission”.

From that time I have not yet experienced that same feeling but I am avidly waiting for it because I have become very much interested in neural networks and I just want to get to that phase and explore more to the universe (air space) and the neural functioning.

Team profile:

Girish Mahadevan

Computer science Engineering (B.E), student (final year)

Sathyabama University, Chennai

mgirish.87@gmail.com, ph: 9940306690

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire