HBR blog - Don't try to inspire, you can do better
HBR.org blog rolling out 15-20 articles a day makes it a boring blog, that too, 10 articles of each kind telling the same things.
I still follow the blog because occasionally it comes up with some interesting articles, i.e. the articles that talk about reality and circumstances etc. But, most of the times, the articles in the blog are self-improvement or inspiration types, and it is simply not what is expected of HBR press...I am sure no future leaders read the blog that religiously, at least, I don't :)...and I certainly feel, HBR has a big responsibility of bringing good business content for everyone, coz that's where a lot of cool things are happening.
HBR if you are listening: Publish 3-5 good to great articles everyday, not more than that. And, make sure it is not something with JUST a catchy title, instead it is something that is truly igniting. All in all, understand that people from all over the world come to you with a purpose, and that you have a big responsibility. Also, I still like you :).
I still follow the blog because occasionally it comes up with some interesting articles, i.e. the articles that talk about reality and circumstances etc. But, most of the times, the articles in the blog are self-improvement or inspiration types, and it is simply not what is expected of HBR press...I am sure no future leaders read the blog that religiously, at least, I don't :)...and I certainly feel, HBR has a big responsibility of bringing good business content for everyone, coz that's where a lot of cool things are happening.
HBR if you are listening: Publish 3-5 good to great articles everyday, not more than that. And, make sure it is not something with JUST a catchy title, instead it is something that is truly igniting. All in all, understand that people from all over the world come to you with a purpose, and that you have a big responsibility. Also, I still like you :).
Comments
Post a Comment