Solve question papers before exams

Work is not something you go to, it is something you do. No...it's not a smart-ass line, it is for real.

You make sense only when you get something done. I feel that we stress a lot on going-to-work, instead of stressing on doing-actual-work. I have fairly worked in different work environments, the rookie in me used to think, why is everyone talking about results all the time, what matters is the effort and work that goes into a process, right!...absolutely not, what ultimately matters is results, a result oriented work environment ensures clear progress. Not just the end results, even the intermediary results matters a lot.


Now I know, why everyone told me to solve question papers before exams, instead of just reading through the chapters and answering chapter-wise questions. It's because solving question papers is very result oriented a.k.a doing-actual-work, whereas, reading chapters is merely like going-to-work. Unfortunately, I just kept reading chapters till the end and screwed up most of my exams...no worries, there is always a next time, or may be the next birth ;-).


PS
: I am very impressed by the Productivity Imperative article at Mckinsey quarterly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire