Trying to be up-to-date

I am sure even you are trying to be up-to-date with something or the other. This urge to be up to date all the time is just killing me. I have around 500 articles to read every day in my RSS reader, I’ve subscribed to over 10 Google alerts that needs a lot of reading, and I am really trying to be active on LinkedIn, Facebook, Quora groups to not miss out on important information. There is this never ending list of things I do every day to just catch up, or maybe there is this fear of getting out of touch with a few things I like.

Just a few minutes back I finished reading the book FOCUS. I think this was especially for guys like me who have an urge to be up to date all the time. The fact is, I cannot consume all the updates in the Internet, and a lot of things I consume end up being spam, which is really not good for my health. Once and for all, I have decided not to try to be up to date all the time, instead, get a life and focus on the all the updates I am able to consume in whatever time I am comfortable spending online.

One other fact which I’d like to add in this book is that, the online world does echo. You wont miss out of information unless you are totally disconnected. What I mean is that whatever I write today, will be written by someone else tomorrow. There are really very less chances of you missing out on opportunities or information. As for the opportunities are concerned, you won’t be able to capitalize on every freaking opportunity, you are compelled to miss out on few. Just relax and simplify.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire