Change of subject line is all it takes

Linkedin has changed the way it updates its users with community news. I think this is really going to make Linkedin groups a lot more active. Linkedin's change of email subject in its group updates email will certainly drive the existing audience to be more active in the groups. The problem wasn't group discussions and comments, everything was working really well even before, but the problem was that people who joined the community din't know how to start activities and what all is going on in that community...typically, it took a lot of time from them to comment on a thread or start a discussion.



I think changing the subject line in its group updates email is all it takes to capture the entire community. This really isn't an innovation but, it is one of those small changes that is going to result in a big difference.

BTW I don't know if this was happening before or it just started but, frankly, I just noticed it today and I found it really interesting. So, from now on we need to start writing our subject lines better, give a perfect gist of your mail in the subject line, don't just say "Regarding...." or "For Review.." or "Please help"...write good subject lines in your emails.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire