What makes you an artist or a rebel (Hint: get used-to pain)

I’ve asked this to almost everyone I met “How did Metallica/Aerosmith/Kurt-Kobain come up with such amazing lyrics, they have got to be high-on-dope or crazy (because these things don’t strike the sane people)”. I am sure they were exposed to things that you and I will wish to never see in our lifetime, or simply put, something unreal.

I think, they purposely expose themselves to these unreal things (or maybe, they just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time). They end up enjoying or getting-used-to pain, injustice, and suffering…and that’s what their lyrics is made of (which we love).

You can’t be a rebel just because it is cool to be one, you can only be a rebel if you sense that you are the guy who is enlightened and it is you who should alarm the others…that’s what it takes to become a rebel.

PS: After I re-read the post, I thought it is somewhat similar to the Rockstar movie theme. Sorry for spoiling it for you J.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire