Meta - look up then and there
For the kind of work we do, we get interrupted a lot of times, they are not interruptions per se coz they are a part of our job, and unfortunately, we have to delegate time then and there to get it completed (Just keep this thought in mind).
There is this thing called metadata in software products/codes, it is information about information (data about data, one at the same). Just the same way, when we do our work, we get interrupted by some confusing meta information in it...say, I am reading an article on investment and I find an instance of SIP or GNP ...even if I knew what GNP stands for, I might not know what GNP actually is.
So, I think these meta information interruptions are inevitable; If we don't look up - for the meta - then and there, we'd never know what that is. Researching the meta is really really important. If you don't look up now, you indefinitely postpone that information from reaching you.
Bottom line: Look up - for the meta - then and there, else, forget it till you come across the same thing later in time.
There is this thing called metadata in software products/codes, it is information about information (data about data, one at the same). Just the same way, when we do our work, we get interrupted by some confusing meta information in it...say, I am reading an article on investment and I find an instance of SIP or GNP ...even if I knew what GNP stands for, I might not know what GNP actually is.
So, I think these meta information interruptions are inevitable; If we don't look up - for the meta - then and there, we'd never know what that is. Researching the meta is really really important. If you don't look up now, you indefinitely postpone that information from reaching you.
Bottom line: Look up - for the meta - then and there, else, forget it till you come across the same thing later in time.

Comments
Post a Comment