Press Meeting- TrendyWorks
Yesterday, we had our company's press meeting @ TAJ DECCAN, Hyderabad. It was my first to a hotel without my father & of course, the first through office work. This is one experience which surly gives lotsa leanings, not just with office work but a lot other things.
My experience
PS: It was one of a kind experience, I'd go again if I am called for.
PS: Even I wanna be an entrepreneur some day, probably this post will be of some help later on when I will be the host/presenter.
PS: Shweta & I received a CENTRAL (shopping mall) voucher from our bosses (A thankful gesture)
PS: The photographer took our snaps, I cant post it coz she's (shweta) there with me but I'll photoshop it & post (If required)
My experience
- Wardrobe Malfunction- Now I know about my dressing sense & how unconventional taste I have with clothing. I wore a clown kinda blazer which was so bad that I had to come home & change to another awfully loose suite. I am sure that after this, I'd buy a blazer of my size to look normal. (was damn embarrassed when everyone @ the office pointed each & every silly thing about my dressing)
- Venue- it was very simple & good for our incoming junta, our office provided them with a TrendyWorks file consisting of a notepad & a pen. The KOHINOOR 1 banquet hall which we booked was very flashy with red ribbon on chairs, a good podium with a place for two, 2 projectors, our company standees & plenty of space for people to setup their tripods & shoot videos.
- From the office: Our bosses- the hosts of the meeting (Mr. Neeraj & Mr. Gattu). For any other assistance with the presentation work, Shweta (our Front office executive) & I were invited.
- What happened in the presentation
- Introduction- a bit about the company & presentation proceeding were taken by Gattu sir.
- Company Presentation- after the intro, the presentation was taken by Neeraj sir. He started off with the FLASH presentation which was really simple & to the point. One thing to learn is that, people are not here to listen to each & every point he says, they are here to understand some bits of the program & derive conclusion not on the basis of the presenter but their own understandability.
- Presentation- it went very smooth but of course Neeraj sir had to face some critics head on!!, on asking him about why they are so rude, he says "That's their job, they are paid to do this...that's the power the press has & they are correct to their part". Our presentation absorbed only a few critics but overall it was very good & hope we made our point.
- Question round- the presentation was in English (first 30 minutes) then in just a minutes time people started shooting questions. They asked question ranging from the current market, IT situation, course details & course research etc. All were answered & hope they were convincing to the people who wanted them.
- Telugu Presentation- I cant write down about this coz I don't understand Telugu that well but ya I know one thing, it was just the same as the English content.
- Personal interview- after everyone went to eat lunch, slowly print & electronic media came & took personal interviews of the presenters (Mr. Neeraj & Mr. Gattu).
- Introduction- a bit about the company & presentation proceeding were taken by Gattu sir.
- You really gotta have lots patience & confidence to face the press. That was clearly felt, our boss had these two attributes in place which made the presentation go smooth.The Powerful Press
- What were we doing (Shweta & I)
- We were the first one to come from our office, we bought all the files, camera & other stuff for the presentation from the ameerpet office.
- Then we took a few snaps in the empty hall (as usual shweta dint take any pics nor she allowed me to post any of her pics in my blog..never mind)
- Then we took the cameras & sat on the first row left most seats, I put the camera in a good position to capture a descent video. I fixed it & sat with her but at times I went & zoomed. (I saw the video, I think I did a pretty good job..;-))
- of course, we were surprised with the changes in the presentation. The presentation which I give in the office is different from the one which Neeraj sir gave.
- Lunch- it was a good lunch with 2 non-veg dishes on the menu. Loved it & had lotsa chicken...;-)
- Then we drove back to our office with our bosses.
PS: It was one of a kind experience, I'd go again if I am called for.
PS: Even I wanna be an entrepreneur some day, probably this post will be of some help later on when I will be the host/presenter.
PS: Shweta & I received a CENTRAL (shopping mall) voucher from our bosses (A thankful gesture)
PS: The photographer took our snaps, I cant post it coz she's (shweta) there with me but I'll photoshop it & post (If required)



Comments