Work is Personal


Last week was very eventful and by far, one of the very difficult times. Before, I never understood why people get work pressure at home or why is it that an off day at the office is an off week at home ;-); Now, I know exactly why it happens and I conclude that it's very NATURAL ;-). Certain official things are not official (really?) and certainly it does make a big dent on the personal front. Some cruel comments make us stronger and that's exactly what has happened in my case.

Do the NEW- It happens and It will happen again

  • Trying to form a Habit (It's not a self-improvement gig)
    If you are trying to lose weight, write better technical articles, read better or whatever, you gotta make it a habit. What point am I trying to make- Its not how correct your doing it, its great if you're just DOING it. All you need to do is SHOW UP everyday, you will eventually make it a habit (applies to both bad and good habits). 
  • Don't wait for things to happen, especially if you're doing lots of RESEARCH and ANALYSIS
    Most of the times, you are waiting for a person and that person is required to reinvent the wheel or forward you to some other source from where you can get what you want. In all, your source is really not the source of information, instead, he is a channel. You can find all the channels if you look for it (online and offline).
  • Calling a person 2-3 times & going back to remind for the 4th time doesn't mean you are disturbing them
    They say "Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have", Communication is really a blessing. I just realized that when I call a person 2-3 times and go back to give a 4th reminder, the person never feels encroached/disturbed, because its the way I do it (not intending to be a brag ;-)). Fact remains, Its your work, you have to get it done, you need help and you should know how to get help.
  • Have patience when waiting outside the Mall
    Some people like to go to malls and shops, they (typically, girls) like/love it. Its not a big deal if you can be patient and walk along. I am just not good being a consumer, but ya, I shop quick and sincerely believe that its a waste of time ;-D LOL.
  • Good to have experienced
    For some bosses who are way too bossy, they say "If you can work under him, then you can work under anybody". That's like being positive in the situation which throws only negativity. If someone told you something cruel or baseless, its good to have learned "how to" and "how not to" tackle it. Like I said, It happens and it will happen again. So, be equipped.
That's how much I learned this week. All these days, I hardly got a 5hr uninterrupted sleep due to this emotional imbalance. Sad but true.
Work is as much personal as official

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire