You Keep in touch
I dedicate this post to all those who say "keep in touch" and don't mean it ;-).
"Keep in touch" is the line which is thrown here and there in emails, facebook,orkut and mostly verbally to people who are stepping out of our current/everyday meeting circle. But, the real deal is that nobody cares what the hell you are doing and nobody (except a few) gives a damn to your accomplishments or your so called successful change in life.
What's the bottom line?
If people say "keep in touch", they mean if we meet some few years later...its gonna be "Long time han, So, how have you been?". All in all its just another brick in the wall (Courtesy: Pink Floyd), if you really feel you are going to keep in touch with a person, you initiate and put it across with some sense, like "Taking their personal email ID, if they are leaving the organization" or "Taking their number if you happen to be in the same city and you bumped into each other in some store/mall".
'Begin: brag about myself'
Being an environment & people loving guy, who sometime gets awkward looks from a few people because he smiles at them and throws untimely hi/hello's; Says "Dont say/write KEEP IN TOUCH, if you dont mean it". I can read between the lines and I know some people who say "keep in touch", "We should meetup", "I'll call you soon" etc etc etc and dont mean it.
Sorry for the begin/close tags, My job involves lots of XML...;-D
'Close: brag about myself'
My way or the highway- never say it unless you mean it and if you really mean it, say "I will keep in touch" and dont keep the reader/listener guessing about who is gonna need whom or who is gonna initiate the process of getting in touch ;-). When I meet people who temme these things and dont mean them, I simply say "Sure, Oh k, alright" because I know, it's just a formality or a rubbish slip of tongue. ;-)
Oh k guys, I will keep in touch...untimely smile ;-), keep visiting
"Keep in touch" is the line which is thrown here and there in emails, facebook,orkut and mostly verbally to people who are stepping out of our current/everyday meeting circle. But, the real deal is that nobody cares what the hell you are doing and nobody (except a few) gives a damn to your accomplishments or your so called successful change in life.
What's the bottom line?
If people say "keep in touch", they mean if we meet some few years later...its gonna be "Long time han, So, how have you been?". All in all its just another brick in the wall (Courtesy: Pink Floyd), if you really feel you are going to keep in touch with a person, you initiate and put it across with some sense, like "Taking their personal email ID, if they are leaving the organization" or "Taking their number if you happen to be in the same city and you bumped into each other in some store/mall".
KEEP IN TOUCH = = SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU
Being an environment & people loving guy, who sometime gets awkward looks from a few people because he smiles at them and throws untimely hi/hello's; Says "Dont say/write KEEP IN TOUCH, if you dont mean it". I can read between the lines and I know some people who say "keep in touch", "We should meetup", "I'll call you soon" etc etc etc and dont mean it.
Sorry for the begin/close tags, My job involves lots of XML...;-D
'Close: brag about myself'
My way or the highway- never say it unless you mean it and if you really mean it, say "I will keep in touch" and dont keep the reader/listener guessing about who is gonna need whom or who is gonna initiate the process of getting in touch ;-). When I meet people who temme these things and dont mean them, I simply say "Sure, Oh k, alright" because I know, it's just a formality or a rubbish slip of tongue. ;-)
Oh k guys, I will keep in touch...untimely smile ;-), keep visiting

Comments
Post a Comment