SIVAMANI'S Drums On Fire
Yesterday night, I attended a musical from the very ace drummer Sivamani. Its not that, I m seeing him play live for the first time, but its always been some miles away and the noisy crowd never allowed me to meticulously watch his creations.
This fellow is a real master piece & its quite evident from his LIVE performance. Music here @ home on the dvd drives feels no miracle but when I saw that being produced live, It was kinda earth shattering experience for me (music vise).
In the end, he played songs from popular movies which generated him a lot of shouts:
PS: In the end, when it was "vote of thanks" session; He (sivamani) told that everything done was spontaneous i.e. nothing was prepared (duh!!...quite believable)
PS: BTW it was not that I wanted 2 go for sure, actually I dint even know about such a show happening. Its just that my father got a free pass 4 two which drove 2 me to it. Everybody there was a HSBC Premier PLATINUM CARD holder. There were no tickets sold for the show, it was just the "customer relationship" strata of HSBC people to organize such a show.
PS: Commuting was not a probs, its was nearby in "abids" which is around 5-6kms from here.
PS: most of all, People seem to love a genre of his rhythm which is widely used amongst tamilians as "gaana pattu". That was something which all together moved everyone.
PS: I would surly attend other shows of his (off course with the free pass ;-D) and hope that he doesn't do the same things again..cheers
This fellow is a real master piece & its quite evident from his LIVE performance. Music here @ home on the dvd drives feels no miracle but when I saw that being produced live, It was kinda earth shattering experience for me (music vise).
Its not just how he plays is special, its also what he plays is mind blowing!!
The things which he used apart from his authentic band (set) instrument:
- Suitcase
- Spoon
- Plates
- Frying Pan
- Bisleri 20 Liter can
- Cycle bells
- Traffic signal vocals
- & a lot of other cooking utensils & day 2 day use ables
In the end, he played songs from popular movies which generated him a lot of shouts:
- SIVAJI- Oru Kudai Sunlight
- BOMBAY- Humma Humma
- RANG DE BASANTI- Theme song
PS: In the end, when it was "vote of thanks" session; He (sivamani) told that everything done was spontaneous i.e. nothing was prepared (duh!!...quite believable)
PS: BTW it was not that I wanted 2 go for sure, actually I dint even know about such a show happening. Its just that my father got a free pass 4 two which drove 2 me to it. Everybody there was a HSBC Premier PLATINUM CARD holder. There were no tickets sold for the show, it was just the "customer relationship" strata of HSBC people to organize such a show.
PS: Commuting was not a probs, its was nearby in "abids" which is around 5-6kms from here.
PS: most of all, People seem to love a genre of his rhythm which is widely used amongst tamilians as "gaana pattu". That was something which all together moved everyone.
PS: I would surly attend other shows of his (off course with the free pass ;-D) and hope that he doesn't do the same things again..cheers


nice....i've always wanted to be thr and its like i've already done it...
ReplyDelete