Sathyabama University- Proposed

Ohh my good god!! I cant believe that the content for this article consumed roughly about 5hrs. Its not that this is some kinda proposal made to the college (this is something which I truly believe is essential as add-ons to my very own alma mater). I sometimes think about my days in the college and what all I have been deprived off, the unsatisfactory part of my stay @ the university has made me to ponder on how I would have enjoyed the most (when in college).


Sathyabama's Panoramic View (courtesy: Google maps)

Academically there are a zillion things 2 be revamped, that is just way outta my understanding, so thats not the part of my post but I have a strong foundation considering the student perspective as I have been equally exposed to both the cadres of candidates i.e. Hosteler as well as the day scholar.

I would LIKE to rate my college on different units:
Sports Activities: Absolute zero considering a sport lover (like me) but then for those who are there in the University teams would get all amenities. I play around 4-5 sports averaging in all games but not in a competitive level, so I never got to play & learn those sports. There is no single ground which actually maintains the game standards i.e. be it indoor or outdoor.

Recreation activities: Apart from sports, we rarely have any time pass. All the time chit chatting with the hostel mates is possible but is a shear waste of time coz thats not totally productive. This unit of the university is really substandard.

Academics: I have good lecturers in my dept and am proud to have been studies under them, here I would not regard them to be very knowledgeable but they were the best tutors and had enough knowledge to fulfill a engineering students brain (most of them). So research scholars in each of the department would raise the knowledge level (not mandatory).

Rules & Regulations: these are the few things which every one dislikes in the university, but let me give my perspective- Its all for the good, coz the students in the college were not morally tuned or we can say that they (including me) were not totally matured to have known their limits. but but!!!! there were some rules which really defamed our college's name outside the campus, as in "we cannot talk with girls" & "wearing only formals" & "fully shaved", "cant invite other college students in our cultural events" etc etc. Such rules show have been let off our sleeves coz they pressurize us to live a lifestyle which isnt meant for any engineering student.

Space & accommodation: the hostel rooms were too jammed as in a room which was meant for 3 was given to 6 students. This is something which dint really bother me, coz i have always liked roommates but then from 2nd year onwards we should have been given single rooms, just for the sake of privacy, so that we get to spend some time with ourselves (which is very essential for each one of us to analyze a few things and correctly plan things (if required)).

My new Sathyabama

Finally, here comes my Paint creation of the above sathyabama view. I have modified some parts of it and made it look like the so called "world class" institute.
Intentions: Not @ the drawing but the amenities which I have tried to include in our university and some changes which would surly make it a zillion times better than what it is (I may be a little childish, but this is what I think (it may be foolish of me to have done such a thing, but still for my sake ;-P)).

New Add-ons:

  1. Students Activity Center (SAC)
  2. Stadium with a race track
  3. Open air theater (OAT)
  4. Complex- Includes workshops, conference halls & stationary store, book store, Computer room with free Internet access, TV room if possible a Cafeteria.
  5. Roads- proper cemented roads which can be utilized for roaming around here n there & of course jogging.
  6. Greenery- the most important add on of all, this is very essential to beat the sun and breath clean air. If possible, make every free landscape area green with plantation.


The new proposed Sathyabama (courtesy: my creativity)



Now that everything seems perfect 2 me, i'd also wanna clarify that the blocks are essential and not their placement in the site plan; as in we can place the SAC, OAT in some different place in the site plan but the blocks are not to be discarded as thats the juice of my proposal.

PS: I got too much senti about my university today, so this is what came 2 my mind
PS: If at all I become a big shot in a few years up the lane, I would shed some of my money to improve my alma mater (sathyabama), & thats without a doubt.
PS: hope sathyabama triumps is all aspects.
PS: Kudos to the institute which has given me innumerable difficulties & frustrations but at the same time a valuable (so called) B.E degree.

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire