Well-thought Vs Well-read
I don’t particularly enjoy reading as much as I enjoy daydreaming (for the linguistically challenged, daydream is not wet dream). I am not the kind of guy who would read books whenever I find time; instead, I would spend my free time staring outside the window/the ceiling fan with some subject in mind or sometimes going completely blank/fantasy-world.
For some people, the above is a colossal waste of time and that I should utilize that time to read some book!
I call bullshit on that! I would like to tell them that being well-read makes you knowledgeable but not clever, and it doesn’t guarantee a learned reply from you for an intriguing question. I’ve experienced that several well-read people give answers that are extremely difficult to understand and if you dissect their answer, that is, if you wade thru the-truck-loads-of-shit they affix to their answer, you’ll find that, their answer isn’t convincing at all. And sometimes, the answer is just one of their best-guesses well coated in an umbrella of probabilities; so that, they don’t seem utterly wrong when you Google the real answer. However, those who aren’t well-read tend to not answer the question as they don’t know about it or give a fair-and-square answer that is easy to understand.
I am not against the well-read folks. I’d like to grow into a well-read personality during my 40s, but till then, I’d want to be a well-thought personality. I am just trying to say that I am FOR well-thought people as I am one of them. There, a simple answer! So, to all those who don’t like to read all the time. Let’s not be well read, let’s be well thought!
PS: A well-thought person is one who thinks a lot about whatever one reads! By the way, well thought hasn’t made it to the dictionary yet! If it does someday, let the world know that it was coined by His Exalted Highness Girish Mahadevan.
For some people, the above is a colossal waste of time and that I should utilize that time to read some book!
I call bullshit on that! I would like to tell them that being well-read makes you knowledgeable but not clever, and it doesn’t guarantee a learned reply from you for an intriguing question. I’ve experienced that several well-read people give answers that are extremely difficult to understand and if you dissect their answer, that is, if you wade thru the-truck-loads-of-shit they affix to their answer, you’ll find that, their answer isn’t convincing at all. And sometimes, the answer is just one of their best-guesses well coated in an umbrella of probabilities; so that, they don’t seem utterly wrong when you Google the real answer. However, those who aren’t well-read tend to not answer the question as they don’t know about it or give a fair-and-square answer that is easy to understand.
I am not against the well-read folks. I’d like to grow into a well-read personality during my 40s, but till then, I’d want to be a well-thought personality. I am just trying to say that I am FOR well-thought people as I am one of them. There, a simple answer! So, to all those who don’t like to read all the time. Let’s not be well read, let’s be well thought!
PS: A well-thought person is one who thinks a lot about whatever one reads! By the way, well thought hasn’t made it to the dictionary yet! If it does someday, let the world know that it was coined by His Exalted Highness Girish Mahadevan.
Comments
Post a Comment