Senior Citizen etiquettes
Beware: all those looking for an interesting read, back off...coz its one ethic of life which u might find boring.
Its a felling of deja-vu which stuck me head on!! when I saw my friends grandma who has come home for a 5 day stay. She's pushing 85 & is totally dependent on her daughter, everything is done by her daughter who herself is around 55yrs old (literally, hats off 2 her commitment as she makes it seem effortless).
Changing thoughts
Before I always thought its cool if I get to live 100+ years but then now I feel that a life which doesn't allow me to do (absolutely) anything is as good as not living at all. But then again, pushing 100 with a mediocre health is what is desirable & most likely to happen with me..;-)LOL..
Remembering my very own Grandfather
Better late than never
PS: I really have 2 much respect for senior citizens after I saw her (grandma's) present state. The respect levels have gone soaring high.
Its a felling of deja-vu which stuck me head on!! when I saw my friends grandma who has come home for a 5 day stay. She's pushing 85 & is totally dependent on her daughter, everything is done by her daughter who herself is around 55yrs old (literally, hats off 2 her commitment as she makes it seem effortless).
Changing thoughts
Before I always thought its cool if I get to live 100+ years but then now I feel that a life which doesn't allow me to do (absolutely) anything is as good as not living at all. But then again, pushing 100 with a mediocre health is what is desirable & most likely to happen with me..;-)LOL..
Remembering my very own Grandfather
- Mr. Hariharan is really a man who lived the best of his life & did all that he wanted to do, he was spiritually driven & ate good food & had great sleep till his last gasp.
- When I was wrong- He always wanted someone to accompany him to toilet & to the hall etc, all the time I pulled him and made him walk fast & most of all, I never ever cared of how much pain he is been through. Secondly, there was never a time when I helped him, instead I made things worse for him by not doing certain things.
- Not done purposely- I was so kiddish back then, I never thought of pain & old age etc etc, these things were realized only after he's gone.
Better late than never
- They are fragile- handle with care
- Prioritize them coz they require quick service for a short period of time
- Its all karma- you be good to them, you would be good when your (like) them.
- I swear to god- nothing is nasty or bad, its something which is ought to be done
- Old age ain't curse if the assistance is proper
PS: I really have 2 much respect for senior citizens after I saw her (grandma's) present state. The respect levels have gone soaring high.

Comments