ISRO Entrance

Today was ISRO entrance exam for which I was shortlisted (;-)), actually getting shortlisted is very simple as the candidate requires a mere 60% in graduation, which I have peacefully crossed. It was in a Hyderabad center (as applied for)- All Saints High School,Abids, Gunfoundary, Hyderabad.

Shortlisted page Screen shot
(click to enlarge)

Reached there @ 1:45pm for the 3:00pm exam not because I was 2 eager to write, just coz it was mentioned in the call letter to report 1hr prior to the exam.Finally, the exam commenced @ 3:00pm as intended (at least this was done as per the call letter info).

PAPER'S MECHANICS DISINTEGRATED

Discipline: Computer Science
Duration: 90minutes (15:00hrs to 16:30hrs)
No of questions: 80
Question Paper Type: Objective (OMR sheet)
Marking: Negative Marking, +4 marks for a correct answer & -1 mark for a wrong answer
Areas of questioning:
  1. Data Structures- graphs, trees, Linked lists
  2. Algorithms- sorting, searching, shortest path, spanning, fault detection, paging, preemptive,seek time, latency, start time, task completion time, space & time complexity, efficiency of an algorithm, O-notation etc.
  3. Networks- IP address, TCP based, subnet mask
  4. Microprocessor- buses, paths, 8085/6, terms- registers, accumulator based, TRAP command
  5. Digital computing- basic adders, multiplexers, gates, xor & or, logarithmic & exponential function results etc
  6. Basics- C compiler, interpreter & programming constructs, overlaying, RAID function, storage based etc.
It was a sandwiched computer science engineering course paper (kinda). I wonder, what if I had written this paper after my 5th semester, I would have probably topped and secured a glaring All India Rank [;-)] ( coz it was basically, 2nd & 3rd year portion & as a matter of fact, I was topping my class during that time).
No use discussing the inevitable, so never mind.

My Experience

All questions were asked from the known topics (except one or two), there was nothing in it which required an intelligent brain to be processing for answering the questions. It was all asked from our very own engineering curriculum. For most of the questions, I felt that I knew it but then the answers were quiet faint in my memory, So it felt a little tough to answer them but then I always had to choose the better answer of the 4 choices. BTW I also had to do some calculations for a few questions and got the answers which were luckily in the choices [;)].

As far as I know, I attempted: 55+ questions [;)] and hoping that some of them are correct ;-). lets wait n watch (no idea of whats right & what not)

Overall: not so good but not even bad paper, a little disappointed by myself for not to have prepared for it (no prep at all, straight exam ;-(), but kinda happy over the question I knew because of me being a little sincere over my engineering courses/subjects.

PS: Hope the results are not tragic (as always), not expecting too high but one thing is sure, I do stand a good chance if I get through this coz I have good interview skills ( i.e. I blabber sensibly in front of the interviewee) ;-).
PS: Was not tensed about the exam just coz I have a good job in hand, this was something which I dint like about myself (or my character). I should have given the paper with full prep and not half heartedly like the way I feel I have given...
PS: I found some experiences in Fresherworld.com (really, not that helpful) but this is for all those who wanna know the real time exam fact sheet...If your giving the exam, its good for your mind set (hope so), I have tried to express whatever possibly I could..hope its of some help

Comments

  1. HI I M STUDENT OF BTECH IN ELECTRONICS STREAM.I HV A STRONG DESIRE 2 B IN ISRO AND TO WORK 4 IT.I WANT 2 KNOW ABT THE ENTRANCE EXM OF ISRO.WILL U PLS HELP ME.MY EMAIL ADD.
    ashishkumar822@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. namaskar
    i am in 11th i want to work in isro
    what i do for ? please help me.

    parth_nin1@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    I'm rajesh, doing my 3rd year in B.E. computer science and engg.
    Im interested to get placed in ISRO.
    Plz help me out with details of entrance exam conducted by ISRO.
    My Email id is as follows
    urthelionking@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire