Piss people off but tolerate a little more
You are a good person, you have a great life going on, and you don't tend to want bad for others. Unlike terrorists who actually do.
A person I know did a really really really really bad thing yesterday. I know him for over 3 years now. I really trusted him and I could never in my dreams think that he (a good man) will do such a bad thing. Actually, I still think there is a story that I am yet to hear that will prove that he was (a little bit) innocent.
This situation got me thinking that we all have a component of terror within us. I believe, we are too human to make use of the terror inside of us. That's why most of us like to lead a very easy life a.k.a a life that is bound by laws and standards. When I read about people wanting bad for others (in perspective, someone who bombs a country, rapes a woman, kidnaps kids, or kills people), I think to myself, something triggered the terror inside of him. I never think that the person who did it was a "bad person". I am sure we know about a lot of triggers, but even after knowing the triggers and understanding the consequences, we tend to do exactly what the terror (inside of us) wants us to do. Our ability to piss people off is really great and surprisingly, our ability to tolerate people who piss us off is really bad.
Anyways, go ahead and piss people off (that's your right), but tolerate people a little more (when they piss you off). And, if you did something terrible and you know what triggered that terror inside of you, try not to do anything that will trigger it again. Unknowingly we hurt others with our words, so, it's not really worth telling us "don't hurt others sentiments", instead we should be told "tolerate people a little more when people talk shit". After all, the best policy is to not give a shit.
A person I know did a really really really really bad thing yesterday. I know him for over 3 years now. I really trusted him and I could never in my dreams think that he (a good man) will do such a bad thing. Actually, I still think there is a story that I am yet to hear that will prove that he was (a little bit) innocent.
This situation got me thinking that we all have a component of terror within us. I believe, we are too human to make use of the terror inside of us. That's why most of us like to lead a very easy life a.k.a a life that is bound by laws and standards. When I read about people wanting bad for others (in perspective, someone who bombs a country, rapes a woman, kidnaps kids, or kills people), I think to myself, something triggered the terror inside of him. I never think that the person who did it was a "bad person". I am sure we know about a lot of triggers, but even after knowing the triggers and understanding the consequences, we tend to do exactly what the terror (inside of us) wants us to do. Our ability to piss people off is really great and surprisingly, our ability to tolerate people who piss us off is really bad.
Anyways, go ahead and piss people off (that's your right), but tolerate people a little more (when they piss you off). And, if you did something terrible and you know what triggered that terror inside of you, try not to do anything that will trigger it again. Unknowingly we hurt others with our words, so, it's not really worth telling us "don't hurt others sentiments", instead we should be told "tolerate people a little more when people talk shit". After all, the best policy is to not give a shit.