Brainwashing wins, not the majority - Democracy, the minority, Apple, and Terrorism
Forget the government, just think about what happens in the
office meetings or at home, “majority wins” is probably the best way to make a
decision or come to a consensus, isn’t it?
I was talking to a friend about democracy (I really was, very unlike me aey!). He was saying Democracy isn’t a perfect form of government coz there is always a minority that doesn’t get want it wants. True that. The question is, what about the minority? It’s clearly unfair that they don’t get what they want. So, how can we ensure that the minority gets what it wants. The only way I can think of is: brainwash the minority and the majority (the whole group) to think about what’s best for the group. With that, we don’t have a minority anymore. The next question is, Who’ll brainwash everyone and who decides what’s best for the group? the leader of the group, of course. The final question is, what makes the leader the best guy to think for the group and who decides who will be the leader of the group? I don’t have an answer to this (I don’t want to use the “majority wins” concept to elect the leader because that’s what we are against). If you have an idea, let me know.
So anyways, the only way to make everything fair and square is to not have a minority.
Now some ethics: brainwashing has a very negative connotation to it. But I think, brainwashing is just one step above persuasion. Persuasion is a really good personality trait, won’t you agree?...So, what is brainwashing? it is the application of a concentrated means of persuasion. It’s not a bad thing. As a matter of fact all the inspiring videos, advertising campaigns, God, religion, and a lot of things that make us who we are is a result of brainwashing (excessive persuasion).
So, if there is a majority/minority problem (think governance), then it is the leader of the group who is responsible to brainwash everyone in the group to think about what’s best for the group. Two very controversial examples (I feel it’s the thing, I might be wrong): I think Steve Jobs literally brainwashed his employees to think that they are the best and that they gotta work their best to build the apple products. Result: all of a sudden, they prospered under his leadership…in the same lines, Osama Bin Laden lead his organization for over 20-30 years and made everyone in his organization believe that bombing nations and killing people in the name of religion (a really really sinful thing to do) are the best things to do in life. Result: his employees would kill themselves voluntarily while executing their terror missions. All in all, everyone was on board with the mission and (it’s like) there was no minority.
Brainwashing feels like a must have leadership skill, but, that’s not what I am getting at. I am simply saying, one of the ways to not have a minority is to brainwash everyone in the group to think alike. Finally, I am not trying to brainwash you to think that brainwashing is a good thing, just think for yourself and let me know if you think otherwise.
