Everyone likes to do daddy talk or mommy talk
When we talk to kids, we do baby talk. When we do baby talk, our eyes are wide-open, our hands are moving in all directions (we kind of dance while talking), our words are slowly delivered and we are amusingly-loud; basically, (I think) we animate the experience for the kid. And, we genuinely believe that what we are saying/doing is very good for the kid’s ears and eyes, and we hope that the kid gets interested in whatever we are saying/doing. Fortunately, almost always, kids are really happy to listen and they just like the whole experience.
Just for once, did it not strike you that animating your speech might make things interesting in the office. I mean, I am not suggesting we do baby talk with our colleagues (that’d be lame); All I am saying is, some of us don’t have that (baby talk) kind of enthusiasm and that intent when saying/doing something in the office. If we genuinely believe what we are saying is good for the guys in our office, we will automatically be enthusiastic about it, and we might get them interested.
Comments
Post a Comment