Why does it take 12 years to gain X amount of knowledge

It took-my grandfather and my father- 12 years to complete their schooling. It took me 12 years to complete my schooling (I wanted 1 year more to complete it but I was forced to finish it in 12 years). It seems like it is going to take 12 years for my kids to complete their schooling (unless they have the same IQ as I J).

My grandfather definitely did not have all the amenities I had, relatively, I was exposed to quicker and easier ways of learning. And again, relatively, my kids will have iPads (or something better) to learn things much faster and better, why do they need 12 years of time to learn what I learned in 12 years.

Why is it that it takes 12 years to gain X amount of knowledge? Just think about it, what is this 12 years theory that we follow? Why can’t I finish my schooling in 10 years or may be in 8-9 years and get to higher education after that (Don’t think about double promotions, that helps me skip courses because I can handle more; I am not taking about this).

By the way, I am also considering that, if I am not able to gain all the knowledge (that I am supposed to gain) in 12 years, I should continue schooling for another 2-3 years…it’s just that I am taking a little more time to gain X amount of knowledge? (Don’t think about repeating a class, I am not talking about failing and repeating a course because it is not that I failed to learn things, it’s just that I want some more time to learn all that I am supposed to).

All in all, we need to change the way we time-box our education. This just baffles the fuck out of my brains. Why ? but why do we time-box our education like this? Not just schooling, to that matter, even higher education, why?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire