Show your desperation: you'll get to do it immediately
Are you desperate? Are you afraid that people will know you are desperate? Is it good to fake it and hide your desperation, just so that you look easy-going?
Apply some logic! showing desperation can actually get you immediate help. Some of us think that if we show our desperation to others, they will only pity us (of course, most of them do), but most of them immediately help too. OMG, how many times have we not shown our desperation to others because we don't want others to pity us or think we are weak/needy...that one time with that girl who could have helped me in all kinds of beautiful ways, that one time in college when I wasn't eligible for the career development workshop because I had 2% below the cut-off, that one time during the interview when they asked me why do I want this job :).
I think we should always show our desperation (I am personally going to, from now on) coz I am sure that we can get things done faster if we showed people how desperate we are about whatever is that we want done. And of course, don't show your desperation when you are negotiating something (that was a no-brainier, isn't it).
Apply some logic! showing desperation can actually get you immediate help. Some of us think that if we show our desperation to others, they will only pity us (of course, most of them do), but most of them immediately help too. OMG, how many times have we not shown our desperation to others because we don't want others to pity us or think we are weak/needy...that one time with that girl who could have helped me in all kinds of beautiful ways, that one time in college when I wasn't eligible for the career development workshop because I had 2% below the cut-off, that one time during the interview when they asked me why do I want this job :).
I think we should always show our desperation (I am personally going to, from now on) coz I am sure that we can get things done faster if we showed people how desperate we are about whatever is that we want done. And of course, don't show your desperation when you are negotiating something (that was a no-brainier, isn't it).
By the way, did you come to this post thinking it's going to be something to do with sex? if so, you are very normal :). And, the headline writer has done his job brilliantly (me, that is :-P).
Comments
Post a Comment