A remark on Steve's comment: you can only find out by giving it a shot

Just that I've read and seen a lot of Steve jobs these days, I want to make a remark about what he said in the commencement speech, "if today were the last day of my life, will I do what I am going to do?"...the answer to this will definitely help you set your priorities and make better decisions.

Now, getting the answer to that question is not a big deal...but make sure you don't take drastic decisions, it is not something that can be done overnight. Lets say, you asked yourself that question (for a few weeks) and you got the answer "XYZ, but not the day job"...can you really afford to do that? :). 

A lot of my friends just don't like their jobs, and they don't do anything about it...it is not because they can't get another job, it is just because they don't know the answer to "if not this, what else". I've switched roles early in my career, I am sure that there will be two things that will stop you from making a decision: the uncertainty in the future plans and whether what you think you want is what you truly want

Guess what! there is no (safe) way out, you can only find out by giving it a shot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire