Number of friends on Facebook - How about 150
Dunbar's number makes total sense. Do you know what that is, if not see this. It is something to do with the number of friends you have on Facebook (not exactly Facebook, but it kinda targets Facebook).
I think that the number of friends I follow and who I get influenced by, on Facebook, is around 10-12 friends. Although, I have around 500 friends on Facebook, I don't really know 'How come?'. Sometimes it just gets difficult to figure out where did I meet that guy/girl who is a friend on Facebook. To top it all, I have pretty girls as my Facebook friends...I have no idea what are pretty girls doing in my friends list, I don't remember seeing so many pretty girls in real life. (Either, the girls started using Photoshop, or they mistook me for Brad Pitt :)...whatever)
I think that the number of friends I follow and who I get influenced by, on Facebook, is around 10-12 friends. Although, I have around 500 friends on Facebook, I don't really know 'How come?'. Sometimes it just gets difficult to figure out where did I meet that guy/girl who is a friend on Facebook. To top it all, I have pretty girls as my Facebook friends...I have no idea what are pretty girls doing in my friends list, I don't remember seeing so many pretty girls in real life. (Either, the girls started using Photoshop, or they mistook me for Brad Pitt :)...whatever)
Some of the friends on Facebook are those you saw in the park or in an event. It is good to connect and build your network, but the network effect is not helpful if the network is freakishly crowded....so, you can socially be in a (good and loyal) relationship with only around 150 friends on Facebook, you must make sure that that 150 number is sacrosanct.
PS: Forget about adding everyone you met at a party, else your Facebook Wall is going to stink.
Comments
Post a Comment