Worthless work

'Working because we have to and not because we want to' is probably one of the most talked about issues in work life. Every employee is well equipped to write "Idiots guide to why my job sucks", I don't wanna generalize coz I enjoy doing what I do but somehow feel, I can go for more (just like you do ;-P).


What about worthless work?
Our work means something to our office or our customers but they somehow do not account for our worth as a worker/doer. It's more of a contract based stuff we get indulged in; we do certain things and then we do certain OTHER things (if you like doing, then good or else it's just a thing about MEANINGLESS COMPLETION). All the time, a few of us end up servicing someone/something and we don't get a chance to make it personal.


Credits are important and they mean the most when they come from within, I am sure self-appraisals OR self-satisfaction defines the very core of what is important to us. Anyhow, CREDITS do make a difference and If you have done well, it shows (to you and to those around you).


We start by thinking the end in mind which is really a wise thing to do but in the cases stated above, there is nothing like "thinking of the end" in mind, we start working only to leave it in the future (negative as hell, sounds like we are born only to die someday).
Display of worthless work (I state only what I know in reality)

A teacher is teaching because she dint get any other job.
An engineering guy in the industry is working because he dint get an MBA seat.
A PhD grad is a professor coz he dint get research opportunities in corporate.
A front office chick works only till she gets herself an air hostess job.
A girl is working only coz her search for bridegroom calls for it.


So be it...Years of work experience is sometimes irrelevent, either you get sucked in what you are doing and don't take the pains to change the situation or you keep hopping, only to find yourself more places to hop to.


whats the point? If you dint get it, in simple words, the above says "doing what you do should be valuable to you as a doer ;-), you gotta be selfish with the things you get out of your jobs (or at least make sure, you get something worth out of your jobs for yourself)".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire