Recruitement- A first timer

There was a recruitment drive and I was a panelist, it's more of an administration role wherein I got to screen resumes, evaluate tests and qualify the interviewee for the next round (sounds crucial to me ;-) LMAO...or should I add a few more lines about my role ;-D), actually, I am nowhere close to taking interviews ;-) or making any kind of decisions nor am I eligible to do so.Jokes apart, I really have learnt one good thing from this drive.
If a lot of people turned up for the job opening?
General idea: The profile is in demand, Good resource availability and good options for the panelist.
What I think: It's a RUN OF THE MILL profile, anyone and everyone is a part of it, less chances of getting hired but the chances are compensated with number of opportunities, the market is too crowded with these profiles.
If a few people turned up for the job opening?
General idea: The profile is not in demand, Bad resource availability and very few options to go with.
What I think: It's a niche profile, growth is enormous for those who stick around, The conventional ways of working don't fetch much to an employee, innovation and the differential ingredient accounts for the growth & there are not a lot of people of this kind
External parameters like office reputation and standards, location and Newspaper advertisements, profile experience, profile type, Industry association blah blah blah don't apply here. I don't know if I am seeing a big picture here but whatever it is, it's motivating (cant help my habit of trying to be positive all the time).


Finally, it's just what I think, i can be wrong and my thinking can be a tragedy...So, no offence to anyone/anything whatsoever. You have a good day, happy recruiting ;-).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire