When people ask "What do you do"

We get asked “what do you do” a lot of times (assuming we meet new people every now and then). And if you notice, we all have a template-answer for this (usually, a boring or a dry one). I am not really sure if people are just being nice by asking “what do you do”, maybe it’s just a small talk. But when someone asks me such a question, I take it seriously and I try to tell them exactly what I do in a way they’ll best understand. Also, I never ask people “what do they do” unless I am really interested…so, I expect a good answer for this question.

Whether or not “what do you do” is just a small talk, in this networked world we meet a lot of new people and having a good reply to “what do you do” can make you the guy who people genuinely remember (I am bad with names…so, I tag what a person does to his/her name. That’s the best way I remember names).

I think, a good answer to “what do you do” can get you a job, a reference, a gig or even a girlfriend. Now, it’s up to you to take that question seriously or just let it be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Channels ;-(

Wipro- Reporting day

The candidate you want to hire