I am doing this for 2 years but I never got a chance to retro it
We do so many different things on a regular basis, wrong! I am dead sure that we kind of do most of the things again and again. Try to recall 10 things that you did with outlook or that you did at work that has drastically changed from last year? Time’s up! I was thinking that for all that we do, how much do we retro it. Do you understand what is a retrospect? If not, go check the link. Only if we devoted some time to look at what all happened and what all we did, and how we did it.
For instance, we use MS Outlook so much. Writing emails consume around 30% of our time. How about optimizing 30% of your daily-work-time through a 30 minutes retrospect? There are so many features that are there in outlook that we don’t use but should use to save lots of time. If you see, it just makes our lives easy. Why would we not want to do this? Gimme me one good reason. We switch between windows and we play with folders all the time in our laptops, how about we devote 20 minutes of our time to learn how to do these repeatedly-done-activities faster. It makes sense right.
Retrospect the things you do. I am in a product development sprint retrospect meeting, and I see that it is as crucial as sprint planning meeting. It just doesn’t make sense to keep planning what to do and not retrospect on how our plan went.
Comments
Post a Comment