Hiring the curious
I read an article on how the best labs manage talent, and then it occurred to me that a senior colleague in my office told me something similar that I found really enlightening, and something that everyone should keep in mind when giving an interview.
When you are going for an interview, the assessment is not just on the skill set you possess, it's also on the skill set you wish to possess. For instance, you might be one of the writers who did all kinds of writing, but you didn't do the kind of technical writing that is crucial for you to get hired. Now that the interviewee has come to know about it, he might assess you on are-you-interested-in-the-writing-we-do. If you show genuine job role curiosity then the guy might hire you.
Nothing concrete about what I just said coz it ain't, it's just a thought.
PS: Another post on hiring, two in a row.
Comments
Post a Comment